By Dr. Tanya Chase, BHS Veterinarian
Certain products, plants and even everyday foods can be poisonous to your pets if either ingested, inhaled or absorbed through the skin. Symptoms can vary from vomiting and diarrhea to seizures, organ failure and death.
- Pesticides (Including Indoor Bug Sprays)
- Poinsettia Plant
- Rat Poison
- Tea Tree Oil
- Chewing Gum
- Some Nuts (especially Macadamia, Brazil and Walnuts)
- Chocolate, Coffee, Caffeine
- Grapes and Raisins
- Ibuprofen (Ex. Advil, Motrin)
- Most Household Products/Chemicals
- Foods Most Human Medications
If uncertain about a product’s toxicity consult the manufacturer, product safety label or your Veterinarian to determine the possible harmful effects to pets.